Your Forgotten Heart
The name for this tutorial was chosen by Butter, thx babe!
Tube of choice
Font of choice (I used Al YoungCrafter)
Brushes of choice
Eye Candy 4000 - gradient glow - Optional, I only used it for my name.
Heartfelt ScrapKit by Clarey at BagzofScrapz
Thx Clarey xx
My supplies - here
If you're using my gradient and pattern, these will need to be placed in their respective folders before starting this tutorial.
Please do not use any of my personal supplies in any tutorials without my permission, thx
I used the beautiful art of Suzanne Woolcott
1. Open a new canvas 600x600 and fill white.
2. With your preset shape tool set to rectangle, line width 2, colour white, inner my pattern, or one of choice, draw out a smallish rectangle, objects, align, center in canvas, convert to raster. Add a drop shadow of choice. Copy and paste the metal texture as a new layer, change the properties of this layer to overlay. Make the rectangle layer active, selections, select all, float, selections, defloat, selections, invert, make the texture layer active and hit delete on your keyboard. Selections, select none.
3. Make the top layer active, copy and paste your tube and resize as neccessary. I resized by 60%. Add any drop shadows, then using your selection tool, crop the bottom of your tube in line with your rectangle.
4. Make your bottom layer active and using a gradient of choice, or mine, fill this layer. Layers, new mask layer, from image, look for WSL_Mask24 and hit ok. Delete the mask layer in the layers palette and answer yes to the question asked. Ungroup layers.
5. Add another new raster layer and fill with a light colour from your tube. Layers, new mask layer, from image, look for WSL_Mask37 and hit ok. Delete the mask again the layers palette and answer yes to the question asked. Ungroup layers. Image, resize - 80% , all layers unchecked. You may need to duplicate this layer if it's too light.
6. Add a new raster layer and add some brushes of choice using a dark colour from your tube. I used little pixel brushes. Copy and paste the stem from Clareys kit as a new layer and colorise.
7. Make the rectangle the active layer and copy and paste one of the hearts as a new layer. I resized by 40 and placed mine just to the right of my tube. Copy and paste another heart, resize and colorise to suit. Copy and paste one of the flowers as a new layer and again, colorise and resize. These should all be under your tube layer in the layers palette.
8. Add your copyright information, watermark and name, add a gradient glow to your name, glow width - 3, all other settings as is, colour, one from your tube. Save as a jpeg and your all done.
Thanks for trying my tutorial
This tutorial was written by me, weescotslass on 26th August 2007, any resemblance to any other tutorial is completely coincidental.
Registered with TWI.