Tube of choice
Font of choice
Filter Factory Gallery V - Ommadawn
Plugins AB 08 - WireMeshings Unlimited
Includes Mask by the very talented Julie[aka]Magic from Artistic Passion
I used the beautiful art of Rion Vernon. You must purchase a licence to use his art which can be done here
1. Open a new canvas 600x600 and fill white. Add a new raster layer and fill with a colour of choice. Layers, new mask layer, from image, look for my mask WSL_Mask60, and hit ok. Delete the mask in the layers palette and answer yes to the question asked. Ungroup layers.
2. Add a new raster layer and fill with the pattern supplied, colourise if needed. Layers, new mask layer, from image, look for mask AP-mask023, and check the invert mask data box, hit ok, delete the mask and answer yes to the question asked, ungroup layers. Resize this layer by around 80%
3. Duplicate this masked layer, effects, Filter factory gallery V - Ommadawn with the default settings. Effects, edge effects, enhance, repeat once more and lower the opacity to around 50%.
4. Copy and paste the styled line as a new layer. Open up the frame, we will work with this for now. Click inside each square with your magic wand, selections, modify, expand by 5, add a new raster layer and fill with a colour of choice, move this layer below the frame layer, selections, select none. With the frame layer active, click inside the top square with your magic wand, selections, modify, expand by 5, copy and paste your tube as a new layer, place the area you want showing inside the marching ants, selections, invert, hit delete on your keyboard. Selections, select none. Move this layer below the frame layer. Duplicate and place in the bottom square. With the frame layer active again, click inside the middle square with your magic wand, and place a different part of your tube inside the marching ants, selections, invert, hit delete on your keyboard. Selections, select none, move this below the frame layer also, layers, merge visible.
5. Copy and paste over onto your canvas as a new layer, add a drop shadow and place to one side of your circle. Duplicate, and on the original, adjust, blur, guassian blur - 10. Effects, Plugins AB 08, WireMeshings Unlimited with the default settings. Make the top frame layer active, layers, merge down. Duplicate, image mirror.
6. Copy and paste your tube of choice as a new layer and add a drop shadow of choice. Add your copyright information, watermark and name, save as a jpeg and your all done.
Thanks for trying my tutorial
This tutorial was written by me, weescotslass on 25th September 2007, any resemblance to any other tutorial is completely coincidental.
Registered with TWI.