Spring Has Sprung
Tube of choice
Font of choice (I used Children PLay)
Felt Cuties Scrap Kit by Ronna Penner purchased here
My mask here
Myword art - here
I used the beautiful art of Suzanne Woolcott
1. Open a new canvas 600x600 and fill white. Copy and paste paper 1 as a new layer and resize by 20%.
Layers, new mask layer, from image. Look for my mask and hit OK. Delete the mask in the layers palette
and answer yes to the question asked, ungroup layers.
2. Open up another paper of choice, I used paper 5. Resize it by 20%. Grab your preset shape tool set to circle,
inner null, outer set to background paper of choice. Line width 40, draw out a circle to fit inside your mask layer,
objects, align, centre in canvas, convert to raster.
3. Copy and paste the border as a new layer and place it under the frame layer. Resize by 20%.
Add a drop shadow of choice and rotate it to the right using your raster deform tool. Using your magic wand, make the
frame layer active and click inside it. Selections, modify, expand by 5. Copy and paste a paper of choice as a new layer.
resize by 20% and move it under the border layer. Selections, invert, hit delete on your keyboard. Selections, select none. Using
your freehand selection tool, delete one of the areas, keep selected and copy and paste another paper of choice as a new layer.
Selections, invert, hit delete on your keyboard, selections, select none.
4. Make the top layer active. grab your preset shape tool set to circle. Outer - a paper of choice, inner - null, line width 20. Draw
out a circle, objects, align, center in canvas, convert to raster. Move it to the left slightly and add a drop shadow of choice.
5. Copy and paste the sun as a new layer. Place to the left of your canvas and add a drop shadow of choice. Copy and paste your tube of choice
as a new layer. Add a drop shadow of choice. Lower the opacity of this layer and delete some of your tube to make her look like
she's standing behind the frame. Pop the opacity back up to full once your happy.
6. Copy and paste flower 5 as a new layer and resize by 30%. Place to the right of your tube. delete some of the stem, see mine above for reference.
Copy and paste the bee as a new layer and resize by 25%. Place above the flower and delete some of the stem of it to make it look like
it's wrapped around the flower stems.
7. Copy and paste my 'Spring Has Sprung' word art as a new layer and place near the bottom of your canvas. Copy and paste the bird as a new layer and resize
by around 15%. Place on top of the word art. Add a drop shadow of choice.
8. Add your copyright information, watermark and name, save as a jpeg, and you're all done.
Thanks for trying my tutorial
This tutorial was written by me, weescotslass on 20th March 2008, any resemblance to any other tutorial is completely coincidental.
Registered with TWI.