Tube of choice
Font of choice - I used Pulse Sans Virgin
VM Extravaganza - Transmission
Eye Candy 4000 - used only for the name
Grunge brush - made by me
Star brush. I'm not sure who made these, if they are yours, please mail me so I can give you credit,
or remove if necessary, thank you.
Mask made by me
Export the brushes into your brush folder before beginning this tutorial.
Supplies - here
I used the beautiful art of Anthony Guerra
The tube used in this tutorial is not available anymore. It was part of a special promotion Cillm had a little while back.
1. Open a new canvas 600x600 and fill white.
2. Add a new raster layer and fill with a dark colour of choice (I used #6b655b).
Layers, new mask layer, from image, look for my mask and hit OK.
Delete the mask in the layers palette and answer yes to the question asked.
3. Selections, select all, selections float, selections defloat, add a new raster layer.
Grab your brush tool
and look for my grunge brush. set the foreground to pattern and look for your tube, set
the background to white. Starting
with white, dab the brush over your canvas, change to the tube pattern and again dab
the brush, make it look as
grungy as possible. Once happy, selections, select none. Layers, merge down.
4. Copy and paste my back as a new layer, selections, select all, selections float,
selections defloat. Layers, new raster layer. Using your
brush tool, repeat the grungy
look that you applied above
the masked layer, once happy, selections, select none. Layers, merge down.
5. Duplicate this layer twice, and on the original, adjust, blur, guassian blur - 10.
Effects, VM Extravaganza - Transmission with the following settings
Line width - 3
Offset - 0
Contrast - 40
6. Duplciate this layer, image, rotate, free rotate right 12 degrees. On the untouched
duplicate of the back layer, repeat the image rotate.
7. Make the top layer active, copy and paste my frame as a new layer. Duplicate it,
image, rotate, free rotate right by 12 degrees. Move this layer down and place it
above the rotated back layer.
8. Make the masked layer active now and add a new raster layer. Grab your brush tool and look for the star brush supplied,
using a colour of choice, place some stars around your canvas.
9. Make the top layer active now and copy and paste your tube of choice as a new layer.
Add a drop shadow of choice. Add your copyright information and watermark.
10. Using a font of choice, write out your name and place it inside the frame. I used a gradient glow of width - 3,
colour same as my background colour for my masked layer.
11. Save as a jpeg and your all done.
Thanks for trying my tutorial
This tutorial was written by me, weescotslass on 11th January 2008, any resemblance to any other tutorial is completely coincidental.
Registered with TWI.