Tube of choice
Font of choice
Tattered Scrap Kit By Designs By Krista, sorry, but I have been unable to locate a page to link her to
My Supplies - (mask, word art, frame template) - here
Xenofex 2 - Constellation
I used the beautiful art of Elias Chatzoudis. You must purchase a licence to use his art which can be done here
1. Open a new canvas 600x600 and fill white. Open up a paper of choice from the kit and resize to around
the same size as your 600x600 canvas, or bigger. I resized by 20% cos my paper was a full size scrappers paper.
Grab your preset shape tool set to Circle, lune width - 3, outer black, inner change to pattern and find your paper.
Draw out a large circle, objects, slign, center in canvas, convert to raster.
2. Duplicate this layer, adjust, blur, guassian blur - 5. move this layer down under the original layer.
3. Make the top layer active. Grab your preset shape tool set to rectangle. Inner black, outer null, draw out a long thin rectangle,
objects, align, center in canvas. Duplicate and move up slightly, duplicate the duplicate lol, image, flip. Merge these three layers together.
4. Add a new raster layer and fill black. Layers, new mask layer, from image. Look for my mask and hit OK. Delete the mask in the layers palette, and answer yes
to the question asked, ungroup layers. Image, resize by 85%. Add a new raster layer and fill with a colour from your tube.
Apply the mask to this layer also and resize by 75%. Effects, Xenofex 2 - Constellation with the following settings
5. Copy and paste my frame template as a new layer. Selections, select all, selections, float, selections, defloat. Selections, modify, contract by 2.
Copy and paste a paper of choice as a new layer and resize as neccessary. Selections, invert, hit delete on your keyboard. Selections, select none.
6. Make the frame template layer active and click inside it with your magic wand. Selections, modify, expand by 5. Add a new raster layer and fill with a colour from your tube. Selections, keep selected. Move this layer under the frame layer.
Copy and paste your tube of choice as a new layer. Once happy with the position, selections invert, hit delete on your keyboard, selections, select none. Lower the Opacity to suit.
7. Make your top layer active now. Copy and paste the one of the strings from the kit as a new layer and resize by 20%. Rotate and move over to the left of your canvas. Duplicate, image mirror, and postition where you like it.
Copy and paste a flower of choice and resize by 15%. Move into position.
8. Copy and paste your main tube as a new layer and resize if needed. I resized mine by 85%. Add a drop shadow of choice. Copy and paste my word art as a new layer, colorise if needed.
9. Add your copyright informnation, watermark and name, save as a jpeg and you're all done.
Thanks for trying my tutorial
This tutorial was written by me, weescotslass on 12th May 2008, any resemblance to any other tutorial is completely coincidental.
Registered with TWI.