Supplies neededTube of choice
Font of choice (I used Riesling)
Eye Candy 4000 - Gradient Glow (Optional, I only used it for my name)
Supplies - here
I used the beautiful art of Steve Baier. You must purchase a licence to use his art which can be done here
1. Open a new canvas 600x600 and fill white.
2. Copy and paste template 1 as a new layer, colourise if needed to a dark colour from your tube. Copy and paste Template 2 as a new layer, colourise to a lighter colour from your tube if needed. Copy and paste the translucent sheet as a new layer. Copy and paste template 3 as a new layer and colourise the same as template 1.
3. Make the bottom layer active and add a new raster layer, fill this layer with the dark colour from your frame. Layers, new mask layer, from image, look for WSL_Mask8 and hit ok. Delete the mask layer in the layers palette and answer yes to the question asked. Ungroup layers. Reduce the opacity of this layer to around 50%. Add another raster layer and fill with the light colour from your circle. Layers, new mask layer, from image, look for WSL_Mask1 and hit ok. Delete this mask layer in the layers palette and answer yes to the question asked, ungroup layers.
4. Make the top layer active, copy and paste your tube as a new layer, resize and add any drop shadows you choose. Move it over to the left side, using your selection tool, delete the bottom of your tube to make her look like she is sitting behind the frame.
5. Duplicate the tube layer, image mirror. Move this layer under the translucent sheet layer. Postion her so you can see her behind your top tube layer. See mine for reference.
6. Hide the top 2 layers and zoom in to aorund 200%, using your selection tool, carefully select the translucent sheet area, make sure you get it all in, it's important for when you animate. Selections, invert, hit delete on your keyboard. Selections, select none.
7. Unhide your other layers and add your copyright information, watermark and name. I added a gradient glow to my name of width - 3 and a light colour from my tube, but this is optional.
1. Hide all layers except the translucent sheet and the bottom tube layer. Copy merged and paste into animation shop as a new animation. Paste as a new animation again so you have 2, minimize one for now. On the one you have open, effects, insert image transition, disolve with the following settings.
2. Minimize this one for now and open the other one. Effects, insert image transition, fade with the following settings
3. Edit, select all, animation, reverse frames. Open the other animation now and click on the last frame to make it active. On your fade one, edit, select all, copy, back on the dissolve animation, paste after current frame. You should now have 12 frames. Close off the fade animation now, we dont need it anymore.
4. Back in PSP, Hide your top tube and frame layer, and all your text layers, duplicate the translucent frame layer and place it above the circle in the layers palette. Hide the top translucent sheet. Copy merged and paste into animation shop as a new animation. Hold down ctrl and shift, and keep hitting L until you have 12 frames. On the tube animation, edit, select all, copy, on your background animation, zoom once to see what you are doing better, edit select all, hit ctrl and E on your keyboard. Move your tube animation until you can see where it's going, make sure it is in the exact same postion as the layer below, once happy, click it into postition. Zoom back out.
5. If you're happy with the placement once you view it, you can now close off the other animation. Back in PSP, unhide your top tube layer, the frame, and all the text layers, hide all other layers and copy merged. Paste into animation shop as a new animation. Hold down ctrl and shift and hit L on your keyboard until you have 12 frames. Edit, select all, back on your other animation, edit, select all, hold down ctrl and hit E on your keyboard, place into position.
6. Click on the first frame to make it active and change the frame properties to 300. Double click on frame 2, then hold down the shift key and click on frames 3,4,5 and 6 so they are all blue around the edge, frame properties, change to 15. View your animation, save as a gif and your all done.
Thanks for trying my tutorial
This tutorial was written by me, weescotslass on 26th August 2007, any resemblance to any other tutorial is completely coincidental.
Registered with TWI.