Candy Cane Christmas
Tube Of Choice
Font of choice (I used Bank Gothic)
Ribbon and Flower by Clarey at Bagzofscrapz
Thank You Clarey
My Supplies, please do not share or use in any other tutorials without my permission, thank you. Here
I used the beautiful art of Scott Blair. You must purchase a licence to use art which can be done here
1. Open a new canvas 600x600 and fill white. Add a new raster layer with a colour from your tube. Layers, new form image, look for my mask and hit OK. Delete mask in the layers palette and answer yes to the question asked. Ungroup layers.
2. Copy and paste my CCC_Frames as a new layer and move them towards the top of your canvas. Grab your magic wand and click inside each of the frames. Selections, modify, expand by 10. Some pixels will be missed, so grab your freehand selection tool to select the missed pixels.
Add a new raster layer and fill with the same colour you used for your mask layer. Selection, select none. Move this layer down under the frame layer.
3. Make the frame layer active and with your magic wand, click inside every second square, again grab any missed pixels with the freehand selection tool. Add a new raster layer and fill with my red and white stripe pattern. Selections, select none, move this layer down.
4. Make the frame layer active again, click inside one of the blank squares, selections, modify, expand by 10, copy and paste your tube of choice as a new layer, drop this layer down and move until you have the bits you want showing inside the square, selections, invert, hit delete on your keyboard, selections, select none. Repeat this step for the other squares.
5. With the frame layer active again, copy and paste Clareys flower as a new layer, add a drop shadow and resize by around 30%. Place where you think it looks good. Duplicate, image mirror and place where you think this one looks good. Copy and paste Clareys curly ribbon as a new layer, I resized by 70%. Place it over one of the flowers, duplicate, image mirror, and place on top of the other flower.
6. Copy and paste your tube as a new layer, resize as necessary and add a drop shadow. Copy and paste my snowball as a new layer and duplicate as many times as you like, scatter them aorund the bottom of the tube. Add your copyright information, watermark and name, save as a jpeg and your all done.
Thanks for trying my tutorial
This tutorial was written by me, weescotslass on 18th November 2007, any resemblance to any other tutorial is completely coincidental.
Registered with TWI.