Can You See
Tube of choice
Font of choice
Supplies - here
Includes mask made by Julie[aka]magic, thx Julie xxx
Eye candy 400 - Gradient Glow
Xero - Radiance
I used the beautiful art of Robin McQuay
1. Open a new canvas 600x600 and fill white.
2. Add a new raster layer and fill with a colour of choice. Layers, new mask layer, from image. Look for the mask supplied mask and hit OK. Delete the mask in the layers palette and answer yes to the question asked. Ungroup layers. I lowered the opacity to 70% and resized by 90%
3. Copy and paste the frame and text as new layers. Make the frame layer active and click inside it with your magic wand, selections, modify, expand by 5, add a new raster layer, and fill this with the colour you used for your mask layer, move it under the frame layer, keep selected and copy and paste your tube of choice as a new layer (I resized mine by 80% also), place into position, selections, invert, hit delete on your keyboard, selections, select none.
4. On your tube layer, effects, Xero - Radiance with the default settings (You may need to play around with the settings depending on your tube). Make your top layer active, using your preset shape tool set to square, line width - 10, inner null, outer black, draw out a small square to place the eye of your tube. Convert to raster. Click inside the centre of your little square with your magic wand, selections, modify, expand by 5. Copy and paste your tube as a new layer, place the eye in the centre of the square, selections, invert, hit delete on your keyboard. Selections, select none and move this below the frame layer. Use the same radiance effect as you used earlier to the eye. Make the small square active, layers, merge down.
5. Duplicate and rotate, do this as many times as you like to get a little cluster of eyes. Once happy, merge the eye layers together. Effects, eye candy 4000 - gradient glow, width - 3, colour white. Repeat once more, I then resized mine by 80% but this is up to you, duplicate and move to where they look good.
6. Add your copyright information, watermark, and name. Copy your tube and paste into animation shop as a new animation. Effects, insert image transition, fade with the following settings
You will now have 7 frames. Delete the last frame, edit, select all, copy, paste as a new animation. On the new one, edit, select all, animation, reverse frames. Delete the first and last frames of your new animation, edit, select all. Double click on the last frame of your first animation, paste after current frame. You should now have an animation with 10 frames.
7. Back in PSP, hide all layers except the white layer, masked layer, and your colour layer under your tube, copy merged and paste into animation shop as a new animation. Hold down ctrl and alt and hit L until you have 10 frames. Edit, select all, back on your tube animation, edit select all, copy. On your tag, hold down ctrl and hit E on your keyboard. Do not move your mouse, the tube animation should be in the centre, left click your mouse. Your tube animation should now be in the centre.
8. Back in PSP, unhide all other layers and hide the tube, masked layer, colour layer and the bottom white layer. Copy merged and paste into animation shop as a new animation. Again, hold down ctrl and alt on your keyboard and hit L until you have 10 frames. Edit, select all, copy, back on your tag, hold down ctrl and hit E and place as near to the centre as possible.
9. Change the frame properties to 15 for all the frames, double click on the first frame to make it active and change the properties of this layer to 200. Click on frame and change the properties of this layer to 200. Save as a gif, and your all done.
Thanks for trying my tutorial
This tutorial was written by me, weescotslass on 27th September 2007, any resemblance to any other tutorial is completely coincidental.
Registered with TWI.