Tube of choice
Font of choice (I used Teen Spirit
Xero - Fritillary
Mura's Meister - Copies
Supplies - here
I used the beautiful art of Daniel Esparza.
1. Open a new canvas 600x600 and fill white. Copy and paste my frame as a new layer. Make the white layer active, grab your preset shape tool set to circle, outer null, inner a colour or gradient of choice, draw out a circle around the same size as the frame, objects, align, center in canvas, convert to raster. Adjust, blur, guassian blur- 20. Effects, Xero - Fritillary, I used the following settings - Granularity - 5 Aggression - 30 Tesselation - 50 Variation - 80
2. Grab your preset shape tool again set to circle, using a different colour from your tube, and same settings as before, draw out a circle around the same size as the frame, objects, align, center in canvas, convert to raster.
3. Copy and paste the misted tube as a new layer, duplicate a few times so it fills the centre of the circle, merge the misted tube layers visible, make the frame layer active and click inside it with your magic wand, selections, modify, expand by 5, selections, invert, make the misted tube layer active and hit delete on your keyboard. Selections, select none. Colourise, I used Hue - 17 - saturation - 188
4. Using your freehand selection tool set to circle, select the head area of your tube, copy and paste it as a new layer onto your canvas. Duplicate and hide the duplicate for now. Back on the original, effects, Muras Meister copies, use the encirlce setting, but play around with it as it depends on the size of your tube on what the settings will be. Change the properties of this layer to luminance legacy, and lower the opacity to around 75%. Move this layer under the frame layer.
5. Copy and paste the spider web as a new layer. Unhide your duplicated layer now, using your preset selection tool set to circle, using a colour of choice, draw out a small circle to sit behind the head. Drop this layer down, objects, align, center in cavas, convert to raster. Make the head layer active, again, preset shape tool set to circle, this time inner null, outer a dark colour of choice, line width - 6, draw out a small circle to frame the head. Objects, align, center in canvas, convert to raster.
6. Copy and paste the spider as a new layer, resize by 20%. Colourise with the same settings you used before. Image, rotate, free rotate - 180 degrees. Add a drop shadow of choice. Effects, Muras Meister - copies, using the encircle setting, you'll need to play aorund with it again to find the settings that work for your tube.
7. Make the frame layer active, copy and paste your tube of choice as a new layer and add a drop shadow of choice. Copy and paste the Bite Me text as a new layer. Add your copyright information, watermark and name, I used a gradient glow on mine, save as a jpeg, and your all done.
Thanks for trying my tutorial
This tutorial was written by me, weescotslass on 9th October 2007, any resemblance to any other tutorial is completely coincidental.
Registered with TWI.